Friday, 6 February 2015

Preparing for a run

-= It's been a while =-
again ;)
It's been a while since my last post. In the second half of 2012, I haven't run very often. 2013 was mainly about building up distance again and 2014 was about becoming a consistent runner again despite a number of small discomforts.

-= Stats =-

2012
# of runs:84
# of K's: 662,23

2013
# of runs: 103
# of K's: 737,59

2014
# of runs: 79
# of K's: 548,19

-= Plans =-
Over the previous two years, I have found that going on the same runs two or three times every week does take away some of the motivation. Even the eternally great Zombies Run games missions were not enough to keep me motivated enough. Gradually, in the course of 2014, I noticed the number of runs decreasing. Worse still was the fact that this bothered me less and less.

In order to keep motivated, I did one 10k run. One run per year is not enough to have the feeling that you are training for something. Additionally, a 10k run does not require any specific preparation plan.

In the end of 2014, I decided to start doing a half marathon schedule again. For a goal I picked the 2015 City Pier City (CPC) half marathon in Den Haag, the Netherlands. In addition, I signed up for the Amsterdam Half in Oktober 2015. The time between the two races will be a challenge - as I do not fancy starting the half marathon schedule over after having done the CPC.

My goal for 2015 is to (cautiously) build the number of K's I run per week and to remain at half marathon level from the beginning of March for the rest of the year.


To help me reach this goal, I will occasionally post some of my progress on this blog.



-= Gear =-
For more than one reason, I am in the process of selecting and buying some gear. I will post on some of these steps. Not because I think anyone can do a better job than various excellent bloggers on the topic. Not even because someone might be interested in my ideas on the topic. I will do this because it feels good to write down thoughts and testing them.

To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment