Thursday, 12 July 2012

I run

In a previous post, I mentioned to do a little piece on my reasons for running and some for running semi-barefoot. This post is inspired by one of the blogs The Missus reads daily. In one of her posts, the author of the blog sums up her reasons for running and I liked the idea enough to borrow it from her.

I run for my health
I run for fun
I run because it makes me feel like a tough cookie
I run because I never could
I run because it gives me energy
I run because it gives me peace of mind
I run because it makes my heart stronger
I run for my father's heart
I run to inspire the young Padawan
I run because -relatively- very few people can
I run because it gives me energy
I run because I need to use my energy
I run because I want to get home to my loved ones fast
I run to be aware
I run to feel my body
I run because it makes be feel good
I run at ridiculous times
I run ridiculous distances
I run because I hear SO MANY lame-ass excuses why others do not
I run because it is a very useful skill to have
I run because it may save my life one day
I run because I love stats
I run because I feel cool doing it
I run because it forces me to get out of the house
I run because I can
I run to take my mind off things
I run to explore
I run on the road
I run on gravel
I run abroad
I run to collect GPS tracks all over the world
I run to boldly go where (thousands of) others have gone before me

I run barefoot
I run barefoot to feel the earth
I run barefoot to be aware
I run barefoot because it feels good
I run barefoot because it gives me stability
I run barefoot because it makes my legs stronger
I run barefoot because it makes my feet stronger
I run barefoot because I have always been a mid-foot runner 
I run barefoot because -relatively- few people do so
I run barefoot for the sheer fun of it
I run barefoot to be independent
I run barefoot to always be able to run
I run barefoot because I like the Vibram Five Fingers slogan
I run barefoot to not need running shoes


I run in barefoot shoes because I am too big a pussy to run completely barefoot
I run in barefoot shoes because I am easily grossed out
I run in barefoot shoes because I am too geeky to deny their coolness
I run in barefoot shoes because too much padding makes my feet hurt
I run in barefoot shoes because I hate wobbly soles under my feet
I run in barefoot shoes because people don't understand

1 comment:

  1. Greatb post. I have done the same for the reasons for why I eat. Most of them are not because I am hungry. I am going to print this out and put it up for inspiration. I run for many reasons. When i don't the first thing I notice is that I am grumpy and don't fit in my clothes.
    Chris
    www.barefootbeginner.com

    ReplyDelete