Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Back

It's been a while since I blogged on Paranoid and Running. In fact, the blog has been away for some time. I deleted the posts that were once there and decided to do away with the blog. Still, some weeks ago I noticed that I missed blogging and thought... What the Heck.

I will be writing on running, coffee, city trips and miscellaneous topics. I wrote a lot of (mainly boring) stuff in the previous iteration of Paranoid and Running. This stuff will not be rehashed and republished. Though I am a literature-geek, I will not blog on anything literature here. Check my other blog (literature-or-something.blogspot.com) for anything literature-related. Very infrequent posts there. Additionally, I am focused on being barefoot. Though I do not go to work barefoot, I am barefoot or in minimalist shoes most of the time in my own time. As such I am interested in minimalist footwear.


What's new then?
In the time I was away from blogging, I moved away from regular running shoes and switched to minimalist shoes (I chose Vibram FiveFingers (VFF) as my poison). After the first steps of my first barefoot run I decided to never return to regular running shoes. It took me about 6 to 9 months before I was fully used to running in barefoot shoes. In the mean time, I did my first half marathon in them (October 2011) and am planning to do my second HM in them in the beginning of September this year. My third half will possibly be the Amsterdam half for the third time (second in VFF).

No comments:

Post a Comment